- Contemporary Issues, Public Affairs, Environment, and Science
GENERATION ZAPPED investigates the potential dangers of prolonged exposure to Radio Frequencies (RF) from wireless technology; it’s effects on our health and well-being, as well as the health and development of our children. From its links to breast and brain cancer, to its associations with increased infertility and genetic mutations related to autism and ADHD, to newly developed illnesses, such as Electrical Hyper-Sensitivity (EHS). Today we encounter a hundred thousand times the level of radiation from wireless technologies than we did decades ago. Yet the safety standards set by federal regulatory agencies are outdated. New wireless devices such as smart phones, tablets and baby monitors to the latest “Internet of Things” continue to enter the market without any proper pre-market testing or post-market monitoring. Too little is done to ensure public safety and awareness. So how can we uncover the facts and reduce our exposure to limit the associated health risks?
- Running time
- 74 and 52 minutes
- Sabine El Gemayel ... Writer, Director, Producer
- Prod. Co.
- Zapped Productions LLC
- United States
- Years of Production
- United States. Belgium. Canada.
- Prod. Partners
- Peter Sullivan
- Release year
- Sonoma IFF. DC Independent FF. Silicon Valley IFF. UNAFF. Infinity FF. Women Independent FF.
- Best Director. Best Thought Provoking Film.
- Self distribution. Plus Fremantle Corp. Giant Interactive.
- Broadcast (Acq.)
- American Public Television. ABC Group (France)
- French. Spanish. German.
Browse documentary films on The D-Word