- Docu-Drama, Docu-Fiction, Music, Reality, and Docutainment
With his 5th feature documentary, five-time Emmy winner and Independent Spirit Award nominee Paul Devlin has created a rare non-fiction rock 'n roll comedy love story. The Front Man is an intimate portrait that evolves into a 27-year journey about a man so busy chasing his dreams that he risks missing what success really means.
Jim Wood is bursting with personality, always ready to take center stage with his clever bawdy humor. A talented musician, Jim is still dedicated to his New Jersey band Loaded Poets, together 20 years since high school. But as Jim grapples with the broken promise of rock 'n roll stardom, he must reconcile his joy of creating music and his wife Christie’s desire for a child with a culture in which anything short of celebrity is failure.
Jim and Christie’s quest for fame takes a winding path through the homes of acclaimed musicians, a legendary recording studio, the set of a cult horror movie, and onto American national television. These adventures counter
- Running time
- 101 minutes
- Claire Missanelli ... Producer
- Robin H. Gamble ... Executive Producer
- Michael Tuckman ... Executive Producer
- Andrea Capozzoli ... Executive Producer
- Robert Hawk ... Consulting Producer
- Rina Svet ... Co-Producer
- Paul Devlin ... Director, Producer, DOP, Editor
- Prod. Co.
- United States
- Prod. Partners
- Claire Missanelli, Robin H Gamble, Michael Tuckman, Andrea Capozzoli, Robert Hawk, Rina Svet
- Release year
- Cinequest, Florida Film Festival, LA Comedy Fest, Newport Beach Film Festival, Montclair Film Festival, IFC Center STF, Oklahoma Museum of Art, 25th Annual Poetry Slam Film Series, Key West Film Festival, Filmadelphia, Cimmfest, Knitting Factory
- Official Selection Cinequest Film Festival, Official Selection Florida Film Festival, Official Selection Montclair Film Festival, Official Selection Newport Beach Film Festival, Official Selection LA Comedy Festival, Official Selection CIMMFEST
Browse documentary films on The D-Word