- Human Interest, Portrait, History, and Environment
"Truth or Consequences" is a speculative documentary about time and how we weave the past into the present and our possible future. Set in the small desert town of Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, the film takes place in the shadow of the world's first commercial Spaceport. Subtly set in a near future when space travel has begun, the film follows five residents in the town.
Combining documentary, archival, experimental virtual reality worlds and an improvised score by Bill Frisell, "Truth or Consequences" is a lyrical meditation on progress, history, and how we navigate a sense of loss within ourselves and a changing world.
- Running time
- 103 minutes
- Hannah Jayanti ... Director, Producer, Editor, Cinematographer, Sound, Writer
- Sara Archambault ... Producer
- Bill Frisell ... Composer
- United States
- New Mexico
- Release year
- International Film Festival Rotterdam, Sheffield Doc | Fest, Dok Leipzig, DOXA, Camden International Film Festival, San Francisco Doc Fest, Santa Fe Independent Film Festival, Bogota International Film Festival, New Horizons / American Film Festival
Browse documentary films on The D-Word