- Arts, Music, Society, Culture, and Human Rights
An artist paints a caricature of South African president Jacob Zuma that provokes a lawsuit, death threats and a massive street protest. Around this incident, Shield and Spear explores a constellation of stories about identity, art, race, and freedom of expression in South Africa, twenty years into democracy.
- Alysa Nahmias ... Producer
- Petter Ringbom ... Director, Producer, Cinematographer & Editor
- Marquise Stillwell ... Executive Producer
- Christophe Charlier ... Executive Producer
- Prod. Co.
- May Fly, Openbox, LeCastle
- United States
- Years of Production
- South Africa
- Release year
- Hot Docs
Browse documentary films on The D-Word