- Official Website
- Social Issues, Contemporary Issues, Current Affairs, Foreign Worlds, and Human Interest
THE LIST tells the story of Kirk Johnson, a modern-day Oskar Schindler who is fighting to save Iraqis whose lives are in danger because they worked for the U.S. government and military to help rebuild Iraq. After leading reconstruction teams in Baghdad and Fallujah for the United States, Kirk discovers that many of his Iraqi friends and colleagues are being targeted as â€œcollaborators with the enemy.â€ Perceived as traitors, their fates are sealed, and they are systematically huntedâ€”killed, kidnapped, and forced into lives on the run. Frustrated by a stagnating government bureaucracy in the U.S. that fails to protect U.S.-affiliated Iraqis, Kirk begins compiling a list of their names and works with a team of lawyers to get them out of harmâ€™s way. Bound by a sense of moral responsibility and honor, Kirk sets out to redeem a nation that has largely betrayed its Iraqi allies.
- Running time
- 85 and 52 minutes
- Prod. Co.
- Principle Pictures
- Years of Production
- Iraq, Syria Jordan, Egypt, and across the United States.
- Prod. Partners
- ITVS, Tribeca Film Institute, Chicken & Egg Pictures, IFP
- Release year
- Tribeca Film Festival (Premiere), Hot Docs, IFFB, Abu Dhabi, Warsaw, Little Rock, Minneapolis St. Paul, Human Rights Watch (Chicago), Camden International, Nantucket, Woods Hole
- Audience Award - Best of the Festival, Woods Hole
- Broadcast (Prod.)
- English, Arabic
Browse documentary films on The D-Word