- Docu-Fiction, Essay, Religion, Foreign Worlds, and Contemporary Issues
When Rodrigo Dorfman was six years old, he was forced into exile because of the revolutionary activities of his father, Chilean writer Ariel Dorfman. Now, thirty five years later, Rodrigo Dorfman weaves his experience of exile through the eyes of four women: a Taiwanese pianist haunted by nightmares of her past; an Afro Caribbean Whirling Dervish on a pilgrimage to Turkey; a Latina artist mourning the destruction of her community and a young American woman caught in a web of spiritual abuse. Spanning four continents and a hundred years of personal history, GENERATION EXILE is a meditation on our search for identity in a world full of pain and wonder. Official Selection 2010 Full Frame Film Festival, SANFIC Santiago International Film Festival.
- Running time
- 70 minutes
- Rodrigo Dorfman ... Director, Producer, Editor, Cinematographer
- Prod. Co.
- Melloweb LLC
- United States
- Years of Production
- USA, Chile, Morocco, Turkey
- Release year
- Full Frame, SANFIC
- Free to watch here http://youtu.be/zLB4zWO-q0w
- English, Spanish, Turkish
Browse documentary films on The D-Word