- Environment, Contemporary Issues, Human Interest, Docutainment, and Reality
Potka Developmental Block consisting of 20 villages in East Singbhum district of Jharkhand is situated at a distance of about 60 km to the south of Tatanagar, the industrial city of Jamshedpur. The tribal villagers of this forest fringe area are either small or marginal farmers which cause their dependence on forest for fuel wood, fodder and part of livelihood. The National Afforestation and Eco-Development Board, under the Ministry of Environment & Forest, Govt of India has motivated, trained and sensitized nearly 1000 tribal men and women forming about 100 self-help groups. They have prepared them to undertake various activities like Tassar Cultivation leading to silk production, Lac cultivation, Grass mat designer products and Bamboo artifacts production so as to produce saleable products for national and international market.
- Running time
- 23 minutes
- SUSANTA BISWAS ... Director
- Biswajit Saha ... Cameraman
- Ratan Sengupta ... Editor
- Prod. Co.
- National Afforestation and Eco-Development Board
- Years of Production
- Jharkhand, INDIA
- Prod. Partners
- The Regional Centre, National Afforestation and Eco-Development Board
- Release year
- 8th International Social Communication Cinema Conference
Browse documentary films on The D-Word