Sándor's Oregon Trail: The Barlow Road
- Official Website
- Other Links
- Adventure, History, Personal Doc, Culture, and Anthropology
Writer, filmmaker and raconteur Sándor Lau walks the most perilous path pioneers faced in the 2,000 miles of their journey from Missouri to Oregon. Without dying of dysentery.
On his journey, Sándor meets cultural descendants of early pioneers living their history in new ways. He learns traditions and resilience from Native people who belonged to this land long before there was an Oregon Trail.
Across 100 miles and 200 years, an adventure junkie and history geek learns living traditions from people making the past present and carries their teachings to the future.
Walking across northeast Oregon, Sándor learns black powder shooting, cast iron cooking, tomahawk throwing, powwow dancing, Coyote legends, huckleberry picking, salmon fishing, wagon packing, and basket making—and finds the center of the universe in the middle of nowhere.
- in post-production
- Running time
- 56 and 90 minutes
- Sándor Lau ... Director, Producer, Presenter
- Laronn Katchia ... Cinematographer
- Alyssa Pinter ... Cinematographer
- Julie Kentosh ... cinematographer
- Aurolyn Stwyer ... As herself
- Chief Delvis Heath ... as Himself
- Ed Edmo ... as Himself
- Dr. Doug Neeley ... As Dr. John Mcloughlin
- Alysia Aguilar Littleleaf ... As herself
- Elke Kirk Littleleaf ... as Himself
- Walking Eagle ... as Himself
- Raunchy Crowley ... as Himself
- Prod. Co.
- Sandor Lau Creations LLC
- United States
- Years of Production
- Pacific Northwest USA. Oregon, Washington. Celilo Village, The Dalles, Tygh Valley, Dufur, Wamic, Warm Springs, Government Camp, Rhododendron, Sandy, Oregon City, Oregon. Vancouver, Dallesport Washington State.
- Prod. Partners
- Looking. Are you the right producing partner?
- Release year
- looking for the right distributor
- English, Sahaptin, Chinuk Wawa
Browse documentary films on The D-Word