- Politics, Contemporary Issues, History, Public Affairs, and Human Interest
In 2006, Democrats face a moment of truth. Republicans control all three branches of government and possess more concentrated power than in nearly a century.
Facing the prospect of becoming a permanent minority party, Democratic leaders -- captained by Rahm Emanuel -- form an aggressive and risky strategy to take back Congress, while Republicans prepare to play defense. HouseQuake gets inside seven key races across the country and follows national players on both sides of the isle.
In the end, dozens of seasoned politicians are defeated by political newcomers swept in by a national tide, forcing a reconsideration of the maxim â€œall politics is localâ€ by politicians and pundits alike. This historic campaign for change ends the Republican revolution, paves the way for Barack Obamaâ€™s presidential victory, and transforms the way political races are run in the United States.
Featuring Rahm Emanuel, Nancy Pelosi, Newt Gingrich, James Carville
- Running time
- 93 minutes
- Karen Elizabeth Price ... Director, Producer, Writer
- Aymae Sulick ... Director of Photography, Producer
- Bryan Donnell ... Director of Photography
- Jill Aske ... Producer
- Dan Raziel ... Composer
- Michael E. Price ... Songwriter
- Kevin Burke ... Sound Designer
- Adam King ... Sound Designer
- Yana Gorskaya ... Consulting Editor
- Julie Jananta ... Editor
- Jason Rosenfield ... Editor
- Prod. Co.
- Symmetry Films
- United States
- Release year
- Rhode Island International Film Festival, Wisconsin Film Festival, Chicago United Film Festival, San Francisco United Film Festival, Clearwater Film Festival, Duke City Docfest, Philadelphia Independent Film Festival
- Directorial Discovery Award, Rhode Island International Film Festival
- Brainstorm Media
- Broadcast (Acq.)
- Documentary Channel
Browse documentary films on The D-Word