- History and Cultural History
Resource-rich Africa has been a feeding hand for many successful countries and businesses that have never really benefited the continent itself nor the majority of its people.
First of a 3-film series, Congo: A Political Tragedy is a feature-length documentary chronicling the political history of the Democratic Republic of the Congo from the arrival of the first European settlers to the nation's struggle for independence.
It offers the unique perspective of Congolese co-writers Patrick Kabeya and Mina Malu, as they document the history of a country that has so far mostly been told through the eyes of foreigners.
- Patrick Kabeya ... Producer, Co-Writer, Videographer, Editor
- Mina Malu ... Co-Producer, Co-Writer
- Prod. Co.
- KM Media Ptoduction
- Years of Production
- Prod. Partners
- Université Populaire Africaine EN SUISSE
- Release year
- Festival International Du Film PanAfricain de Cannes, Festival Nouvelles Vues Haiti, Switzerland International Film Festival, Montreal International Black Film Festival, Silicon Valley African Film Festival
Browse documentary films on The D-Word