Nostalgia for the Future
Directed by Avijit Mukul Kishore & Rohan Shivkumar
A Film about Modernity, the Making of the Indian Citizen and the Architecture of the Home.
- Official Website
Nostalgia for the Future trailer
- History, Anthropology, Politics, Public Affairs, and Arts
‘Nostalgia for the Future’ is a film on Indian modernity, the making of the citizen and the architecture of the home. It looks at four distinct imaginations of homes and bodies across examples of buildings made over the period of a century. The film explores these spaces and the bodies that were imagined to inhabit them through the evocation of the cinematic and aural collective memory of a nation reinventing itself. The film is therefore shot on multiple formats – 16mm film and video, in both colour and black and white, along with archival footage from state propaganda films and mainstream cinema.
- Running time
- 0, 54 or 28 minutes
- Avijit Mukul Kishore ... Director, DOP, Editor, Voice-over
- Rohan Shivkumar ... Director, Writer
- Prod. Co.
- Films Division India
- Years of Production
- Release year
- IDSFFK, Trivandrum and Signs Festival, Kochi, Kerala
- Best Documentary at IDSFFK, Jury's Special Mention at Signs Festival
- Hindi and English
Browse documentary films on The D-Word