- Social Issues, History, Religion, Contemporary Issues, and Personal Doc
What has launched both purity balls and porn franchises, defines a young woman’s morality–but has no medical definition? Enter the magical world of virginity, where a white wedding dress can restore a woman’s innocence and replacement hymens can be purchased online.
"How To Lose Your Virginity" exposes the myths and misogyny surrounding a rite of passage that many obsesses about but few truly understand. Irreverent, eye-opening and thought-provoking, the film is the perfect tool to ignite conversations around sexuality in your communities.
What if all we had to lose were our virginity myths?
- Running time
- 62 minutes
- Therese Shechter ... Producer/Director
- Lisa Esselstein ... Producer
- Marin Sander Holzman ... Editor
- Dina Guttman ... Co-Editor
- Stephen Thomas Cavit ... Original Music Score
- Luke Murphy ... Animation
- Prod. Co.
- Trixie FIlms
- United States
- Years of Production
- 2008 - 2012
- Release year
- Premiere DOC NYC
- Distributed by Women Makes Movies
- Broadcast (Acq.)
- Fusion (US), Yes Docu & Noga (ISRAEL), Globo (Brazil), UR (Sweden), SBS2 and Studio (AUSTRALIA), YLE (FINLAND), TV Fokus (POLAND)
Browse documentary films on The D-Word