- Arts, Music, Culture, and Cultural History
The first film to tell the true story of the origins of graffiti and hip-hop features exclusive interviews with New York's legendary spray-paint pioneers and today's leading artists from Europe and the US. Youths in neglected neighborhoods revolutionized the subway system by spray-painting colorful signatures that travelled downtown, uptown and ultimately worldwide. Up against cops, the media and the art-world, a global community of elusive artists continues to re-claim their urban environment.
- Running time
- 52 minutes
- Peter Gerard ... Director
- Cousin Cole ... Composer
- Prod. Co.
- Accidental Media
- United Kingdom
- Years of Production
- USA, UK, Spain, Italy, France
- Release year
- Edinburgh, CPH:Dox, Calgary, True/False, etc.
- Broadcast in France, Australia, Russia, DVD in Japan
- Broadcast (Acq.)
- France O - RFO, ABC2 Australia, etc.
- French, Spanish, Japanese
Browse documentary films on The D-Word