Anamika Bandopadhyay is an artist / activist. A documentary filmmaker , author , critic, academician and a social researcher.
She was born and raised in India where she earned her first two masters respectively in English literature and Film Studies. She earned her masters in Film making in USA from the University of Utah.
She met Michaelngelo Antonioni at the very early age that changed her life and soon was initiated into cinema through the films of Andrei Tarkovsky and Jean Luc Godard.
Aboriginal culture and her association with these communities has changed her worldview in regard of love and cinema.
She loves to think about galaxies and string theories, practices Indian Classical Music.
1.Dada lagle bolben (40 min documentary on railway hawkers) 2007
2.Bibek ekhon ( 20 min documentary on Bengali folk theatre) 2008
3.Red ( 28 min documentary on Nandigram violence ) 2008
4.Easy-kaltu ( 10 min short fiction) 2007
5. Rough Cut ( 45 min short fiction) 2007
6. 1700 Kelvin ( 1 hour documentary on Land Grab Movement and peoples' resistance in Lal Garh ) 2011-2012
7. Memoir ( 7 minutes short visual poem ) 2011
8. Overdoze ( 8 min short narrative film ) 2012
9. My lips ( a series of cine-poems ) 2012
10. Tailor-made ( Under Production ) 2012 -2013
11. Take Care ( Breast Cancer Awareness Film ) 2014
12. The Third Breast ( 90 min Documentary ) ( 2013-2016)