- Culture and Adventure
A dwarf, a dragon, and a golden egg. Yet the real fairy-tale of this film is the journey of Jeanmarie,
the Dutch street performer. In an adventurous project, Jeanmarie teams up with youth worker Frank to travel through the last remaining untouched regions of China, performing his new show to local children. As they transport their wondrous music machine from village to village, they bring laughter and intrigue to all who witness their magical performance, reuniting reality with fantasy, Europe and Asia.
In a film as imaginative and whimsical as Jeanmarie’s play itself, this is a poignant tale of passion and conviction to follow and fulfil your dreams.
- Running time
- 52 minutes
- Ben Arend Reisman ... Director, Producer, Editor
- Anne-Sophie Markus ... Co-Director, Cinematographer
- Prod. Co.
- Ben Bonnefooi, Fiet View
- Years of Production
- The Netherlands, France, China (Yunnan)
- Release year
- Noordelijk Film Festival, Visions du Réel, 5th Dada Saheb Phalke Film Festival
- 'Special Mention' - 5th Dada Saheb Phalke Film Festival
- Journeyman Pictures
- Broadcast (Prod.)
- Dutch, French, Chines
Browse documentary films on The D-Word