Brother Joseph and the Grotto
- Official Website
- Arts, Religion, Environment, Biography, and Cultural History
"Once upon a time, there lived a boy named Michael. He was born in the shadow of the great Castle Trausnitz in Bavaria." So begins the tale of Michael Zoettl, who left home at 14, bound for a fledgling Benedictine monastery in the Alabama wilderness. His intention: to become a priest. When Michael died at 83, he was neither Michael nor a priest; he was Brother Joseph. This is the story of how Michael became Joseph, and how Joseph became legend.
- Cliff Vaughn ... Producer-Writer-Director
- Carol Ann Vaughn Cross ... Producer
- Prod. Co.
- Red Clay Pictures
- United States
- Years of Production
- Cullman, Alabama; Birmingham, Alabama; Nashville, Tennessee
- Prod. Partners
- Carol Ann Vaughn Cross, co-producer
- Release year
Browse documentary films on The D-Word