The Cardboard Bernini
Produced by Olympia Stone
"Ashes to ashes, mush to mush"
- Official Website
Cardboard Bernini trailer
- Arts, Portrait, and Biography
"The Cardboard Bernini" examines the life and work of artist James Grashow as he spends five years building a giant cardboard fountain, with the intention of putting it outside to dissolve. Inspired by the
baroque sculptor Bernini, and propelled by a crucial event documented in the film, Grashow is driven to experience the process of creation and loss by making an extraordinary artwork that will be
destroyed in the end. This film follows Jimmyâ€™s journey, as he questions lifeâ€™s fragility and the artistic process.
- Running time
- 76 minutes
- Olympia Stone ... Producer/Director/Camera/Editor
- Prod. Co.
- Floating Stone Productions
- United States
- Years of Production
- New York, Connecticut
- Release year
- New Hampshire Film Festival, RIFE, RADAR Hamburg, Asheville Cinema Festival, Napa Valley Film Festival, Carmel Art and Film Festival, Weyauwega International Film Festival, Santa Fe Film Festival, Connecticut Film Festival
- Best Documentary, Weyauwega International Film Festival 2012
Browse documentary films on The D-Word