- Arts, Personal Doc, and Biography
The Collector explores the 46-year career of Allan Stone, the famed New York City gallery owner and art collector. Producer and director Olympia Stone reveals her fatherâ€™s compulsive collecting genius while telling the parallel story of his lifelong journey through the art world from the 1950s to 2006. Viewers are taken on an extraordinary path inside one manâ€™s obsessive submersion in art and its influence on the artists, art dealers and family members with whom he worked and lived.
- Running time
- 62 minutes
- Olympia Stone ... Producer/Director/Editor/Camera
- Prod. Co.
- Floating Stone Productions
- United States
- Years of Production
- New York, California
- Release year
- Santa Fe Film Festival; FIFA Montreal
- Microcinema International
Browse documentary films on The D-Word