- Arts and Human Interest
This film chronicles the story of Alex Masket, an extraordinary artist who has created a deep and varied body of work despite a disability that inhibits what most might consider being "normal" human interaction. A young adult with severe autism, Alex makes what we in the verbal world call art. Is he expressing himself? Is this his language, and is it our disability if we can't understand it?
Containing interviews with art experts and a community of supporters, the film documents the kinetic energy and wholly individualistic style of a young artist, and brings into sharp focus the notion of what artistic communication and the creative impulse is all about.
- Running time
- 18 and 2 minutes
- Dennis Connors ... Director, Producer, Editor, Cinematographer
- Prod. Co.
- Ashcan Films
- United States
- Years of Production
- 2007 - 2009
- New York, NY, Westfield, NJ, New Brunswick, NJ
- Prod. Partners
- original music by Diane Moser additional audio & camera - Bruce Hanson, Bill Blanchard
- Release year
- Berkshire International, Black Maria, LA, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, & Tulsa United FFs, FIFA (Montreal), Mexico Intl, NYC Picture Start, Spirit Quest, Sprout, Victoria, Garden State, Hollywood Cinema, Williamburg Intl, Napa Sonoma, NYC Downtown
- Cine Golden Eagle, Berkshire Next Great Filmmaker, Tulsa United,
Browse documentary films on The D-Word