- Culture, Reality, and Docutainment
A fast moving four-minute trip on the short journey from the open sea to the open mouth.
On the way, harvesting thousands of ready-to-eat oysters are seen being netted and landed onto a specially designed dredger, followed by a fast trip back to harbor and the processing shed. One at a time, fast moving hands shuck and pack for overnight journeys to dining rooms and dinner parties. All this leads to the sensuous pleasures of these mollusks sliding into the welcoming open mouths.
Oyster eaters have been enjoying champagne with these sexy creatures for hundreds of years. Shot in Nahcotta in the Pacific Northwest and at the famous Oyster Bar in NYC, this film will delight the aficionado and leave the uninitiated wondering, â€œWhat am I missing?â€
- Running time
- 12 minutes
- Bert Shapiro ... Bert Shapiro
- Prod. Co.
- Pheasants Eye Productions
- United States
- Years of Production
- New York City, Naccotta WA
- Release year
- Zoie International Festival- International Festival of Cinema and Technology Screening in London, ; Los Angeles, -3 nominated for: â€Best Cutting Edge Use of the Documentary Formatâ€ Hot Springs Doc Festival
Browse documentary films on The D-Word