- Human Interest, Personal Doc, Portrait, Social Issues, and Reality
Gary has struck up a relationship with a woman he met on a dating website. The time to meet is drawing near - but thereâ€™s something she should know about him before they take it to the next level.
- Show treatment
Gary has struck up a relationship with a woman he likes on an internet dating site. The time approaches when they must meet, but he is yet to tell her he has a severe physical disability.
As he reveals, via email, the details of his condition to her, we witness visually the arduous process of simply getting himself to bed. As the reality of his physical situation is becomes clear, we must contemplate the odds of him remaining a romantic contender.
- Running time
- 8 minutes
- Pete Gleeson ... Director/Producer/Editor
- Melissa Hayward ... Co-Producer
- Prod. Co.
- Raw And Cooked Media
- Years of Production
- Release year
- Hot Docs 2011, AIDC (Australian International Doc Conference), Antenna FF, Adelaide Film Festival, Human Rights Arts and Film Festival (Aust), San Fran Indie Fest
- Special Jury Honorable Mention: Hot Docs (Canada) 2011, Best Doc Short: ATOM Awards (Aus), Best Doc: Blue Mountainss FF, Best Script: Bondi FF, Best Australian Short: HRAFF 2012, Best Doc: Armadale IFF, NOMINEE Outstanding New Documentary Talent, AIDC
Browse documentary films on The D-Word