- Human Interest, Investigation, Personal Doc, and Social Issues
One week after a seemingly harmless car accident, a 45-year-old man suffers total amnesia. Christening himself the â€œNew Richard,â€ he embarks upon a new life with a new wife far away from his family. Sixteen years later, his oldest son returns with a camera to investigate why his fatherâ€™s memory never returned.
- Running time
- 84 and 59 minutes
- Rick Minnich ... writer, director, associate producer
- Matt Sweetwood ... co-writer, co-director, editor
- Ari Benjamin Meyers ... Composer
- Raimund von Scheibner ... Sound Designer
- Axel Schneppat ... Director of Photography
- Olaf Jacobs ... producer
- Prod. Co.
- Hoferichter & Jacobs GmbH / Rickfilms
- Years of Production
- California, Missouri, Kansas, Oregon (USA)
- Release year
- IDFA, Goeteborg, True/False, Full Frame, Hot Docs, Cleveland, St. Louis, Denver, Heartland, Belfast, GZ DOC, Documentary Edge (New Zealand), Kos, SaarbrÃ¼cken, Achtung Berlin, Guth Gafa, Planete Doc Review (Warsaw), etc.
- Special Jury Award - IDFA; Grand Jury Prize - GZ DOC, Guangzhou, China; audience award - Ippokrates Health Film Festival (Kos, Greece); Honorable Mention, Achtung Berlin; Honorable Mention (Dallas Video Festival),
- Films Transit International, Inc.
- Broadcast (Prod.)
- Broadcast (Acq.)
- YLE, Humanistisches Omroep, SVT, Canvas (Belgium), Knowledge TV (British Columbia), Channel 8 (Israel), TV Cultura (Brazil), NDTV 24 x 7 (India)
- German, Greek, Portuguese, Polish, Chinese, Hebrew,
Browse documentary films on The D-Word