- Arts, Portrait, Social Issues, Human Interest, and Culture
Alberto is Padua’s only taxidermist, and perhaps the only one in Italy to specialize in pet taxidermy. His typical client grieves for a cat, a dog, a bird, from which they will not be separated, even by death. Acting as an animal undertaker, skilled technician, and part-time therapist, Alberto tangibly gives his clients the essence of what they lost. But now his craft is not enough, he is at an existential crossroads as he channels his love of the macabre into sculptures made of animal remains.
“Taxiderman” explores the poignant, poetic and sometimes hilarious truths that come to light when death is both object and subject.
- Running time
- 30 minutes
- Rossella Laeng ... Director
- Years of Production
- Padua, Venice, Rome, Brooklyn
- Prod. Partners
- Andrea Miller, Marco Riva
- Release year
- 2021 Bushwick Film Festival, 2021 Flickers' Rhode Island International Film Festival, 2022 Kortfilmfestivalen, 2022 Vertigo Film Fest,
- Best Documentary, 2022 Garofano Rosso Film Festival, Best Italian Short Film, 2022 Milan International Film Festival. Best Documentary, 2021 Firenze FilmCorti Festival. Best Italian Film, 2021 Montecatini International Short Film Festival. Semi-finalist
- Broadcast (Acq.)
- Italian, English
Browse documentary films on The D-Word