The Proof of the Pudding
- Official Website
- Arts, Biography, Cultural History, Portrait, and Contemporary Issues
Laureate architect Herman Hertzberger is still going strong at 90.
His most iconic building, ‘Centraal Beheer’ in Apeldoorn from 1972, will undergo a transformation from an abandoned office building into contemporary, sustainable spaces for housing, offices, and leisure. Hertzberger calls this transformation ‘the proof of the pudding’, as his structuralist ideals from the 60s and 70s intended buildings to be flexible and sustainable.
But is the present day still receptive to his vision? What prevails? Profitable square meters or space for people?
In this film portrait we get to know Hertzberger as a passionate, humorous, and modest man whose vision on what architecture means for people and society is valuable to this day.
- Running time
- 100 and 54 minutes
- Patrick Minks ... Director, Writer
- Prod. Co.
- JURA Film, Theatre & Debate
- Years of Production
- Release year
- AFFR Architecture Film Festival Rotterdam, Crossing Europe Filmfestival Linz
- Cinema Delicatessen
- Broadcast (Acq.)
- AVRO/TROS (Dutch Public Broadcasting)
Browse documentary films on The D-Word