24

Lessons From a Landfill

Directed by Gretta Wing Miller
When you throw it away, where is "away"?
Website
Official Website
Watch
Other Links

Videos

Trailer

Overview

Genre
Environment
Synopsis

The daily workings of a county landfill in Wisconsin, where 29,000 residents throw away 30 million pounds of garbage a year. "Our job is to provide a service for anything you have to get rid of." The determined solid-waste manager has found markets for 30 percent of the recyclables, but what about the other 70%? Watch the construction of what will be the last 'cell' on this site: a cell that will fill with 100 tons of garbage in just 5 years.

Stage
finished
Running time
28 minutes

Credits

Production Details

Prod. Co.
Downtown Dailies/blue studio
Country
United States
Years of Production
2008
Locations
Vernon Co, WI
Prod. Partners
Vernon County Solid Waste Committee

Distribution Details

Release year
2009
Festivals
Central WI FF, Wildwood FF
Language
English

Photos

Bale settervert_thumb
Vrqa pick up_01_thumb

Browse documentary films on The D-Word