My Dad Gets a Smart Phone
Produced by Sarah Wells
A short documentary about my dad getting a smart phone for the first time.
- Official Website
- Contemporary Issues, Personal Doc, Portrait, and Lifestyle
My dad lives in the woods outside of Portland, OR. He's never used Google Maps or Facebook or sent a text message. We talk every so often (on his landline), so when he told me he was finally getting a smartphone, I decided to make a documentary about his experience.
I could use more time away from my smartphone - making this documentary helped remind me why.
We are in talks to create a follow-up film, My Dad Gets a Laptop.
- Running time
- 5 minutes
- Sarah Wells ... Producer, Director, Cinematographer, Editor
- DJ Werd/Andrew Pace ... Original Music
- Collin Davis ... Additional Editor
- Anna Barsukova ... Colorist
- United States
- Years of Production
- Portland, OR
- Eastern Oregon Film Festival, Oregon Short Film Festival, Oregon Documentary Festival, SF City Shorts Festival, Montreal Independent Film Festival
- Programmer's Choice/Filmmaker to Watch, Best Micro-Doc, Best Documentary
Browse documentary films on The D-Word