Madrigal for a Living Poet
- Official Website
- Docu-Fiction, Portrait, Politics, Foreign Worlds, and Society
Madrigal for a Living Poet" is a feature documentary about the marginal writer Tico. Is a song to life, an aesthetic homage to the writer.
- Show treatment
The idea appeared in 2014 out of curiosity around the “writer-undertaker” - as it was reported on the news – due to the exotic carácter of his dual life.
The writer Francisco “Tico” Pinto worked as grave-digger for a few years when we started to dig deeper into his world. Upon encountering with the beauty of his ideas and the quality of his literature – including 2 published books, "Elas, Etc" and "As Núpcias do Escorpião" – we realized that a new friendship had just begun. “Madrigal for a Living Poet” is a film made amongst friends, in which the character participates in the act of creation. We share the transgressing, libertarian spirit of subversion against what is imposed on us. The complexity of his character couldn’t fit into a film, that’s why we took an experimental approach that could portray his essence.
Starting from the friendship between two undertakers, we came up with a film about the beauty and the violence of encounters. The encounter comes form the visceral critic we are trying to make: an intense account, unexpected, painful and unwarranted, just like Tico or maybe as life and death. Nevertheless, "Madrigal for a Living Poet" also leaves us with a last breath of hope of freedom.
- Running time
- 75 minutes
- Chica Barbosa ... Producer, Director, Writer, Editor
- Prod. Co.
- Memoria Viva & En Caliente Films
- Years of Production
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Release year
- Mostra de Cinema de Tiradentes, Mostra do Filme Livre, Festival de Cinema de Triunfo, Visões Periféricas, Santos Film Festival.
- Best Film, Best Director, Best Script, Best Edit & Best Character - Festival de Cinema de Triunfo. Brazil (2019)
Browse documentary films on The D-Word