- Culture, Lifestyle, Society, Human Interest, and Portrait
Want to overcome the world's impossible expectations of beauty? Join Misfit Models - good lookers need not apply!
Pretty Ugly In the age of photoshop, the pressure on the ugly, wrinkled and pigeon-breasted has never been so great. But Del Keens, a self-confessed gargoyle and welfare-dependant, is here to turn the tables. After being scouted by an advertising photographer and fronting major campaigns by Levi's and Calvin Klein, he's forming his own modelling agency - good-lookers need not apply. But is this a liberating counter concept? Or simply coquetry to reaffirm our ideal of beauty?
- Running time
- 52 minutes
- Jan Tenhaven ... Writer/Director
- Thomas Eirich-Schneider ... Director of Photography
- Tanja Häring ... Director of Photography
- Kristine Langner ... Film Editor
- Christian Beetz ... Producer
- Prod. Co.
- Gebrueder Beetz Filmproduktion Berlin
- Years of Production
- Berlin, Germany
- Release year
- Broadcast (Prod.)
- WDR, ARTE
- Broadcast (Acq.)
- Amazon prime
- German, English
Browse documentary films on The D-Word