- Sports, Society, and Portrait
In the Rust Belt city of Buffalo, NY, frustration is at an all time high after decades of decline and broken promises. Not seeing a path to renewal for their city in the politicians or corporations who have let them down for decades, the beleaguered yet loyal citizens turn to their professional hockey team for relevance, not just for their city, but for themselves.
The Fan Connection is a deeply personal fly-on-the-wall look at the lives of die-hard fans over a hockey season. Ultimately, it is a heart-warming story of what it means to be a fan, identifying with a city, and the power of ordinary citizens to affect change.
- Running time
- 93 minutes
- Eric Wojtanik ... Producer
- Prod. Co.
- UT Buffalo Hockey Fan Documentary LLC
- United States
- Years of Production
- Release year
- Film Festival of Columbus, Buffalo International Film Festival, Maryland International Film Festival
- Audience Award - 2019 Buffalo International Film Festival
Browse documentary films on The D-Word