- Environment, Culture, Politics, Social Issues, and Contemporary Issues
When you pay three dollars for a bar of chocolate, do you know what the cocoa pod that it came from looks like? Or what the farmer in Ghana did to grow it? Who is to thank for the cup of coffee you sip while participating in your early morning zoom calls?
How did a pineapple, grown thousands of miles away in Costa Rica, make it onto your grocery store shelf?
Point of Origin examines the roots of our world’s most compelling supply chains, tracing them back to the communities and human stories that keep them thriving. With host and food sustainability expert, Lindsey Margaret Allen, Point of Origin reveals the complex inner workings behind the everyday items that we take for granted. The stories explored in each episode illustrate the urgent sociopolitical challenges within food and production systems at a palpable, personal level and give us insight into a framework we engage with everyday, but rarely ever examine.
- in development
- Paris Coyne ... Director/Producer/Editor
- Lindsey Margaret Allen ... Host/Producer
- Ira Torrey ... Second camera/Editor
- Jacob Hellinga ... Cinematographer
- Emily Fagundes ... Marketing/Research producer
- Prod. Co.
- Elemmay Productions
- Years of Production
- Prod. Partners
- Lindsey Margaret Allen
Browse documentary films on The D-Word