The Strait Guys
- Official Website
- Other Links
- Human Interest, Contemporary Issues, Foreign Worlds, Politics, and Minorities
A 76-year old engineer is on a mission: to connect the United States and Russia with a 100-kilometer long train tunnel beneath the Bering Strait.
THE STRAIT GUYS follows Czech-born mining engineer, George, and his fast-talking protégé, Scott, along the proposed route of the InterContinental Railway through Alaska, to the Bering Strait and onward to Russia.
The “Strait Guys” endeavor to convince international governments, corporations, and indigenous tribes to green-light their $100 billion railway project, which would provide ground-based infrastructure across the continents, relieve overcrowded Pacific ports, improve global supply chains, and ease tensions between the superpowers.
The US and Russia have been successfully collaborating in space for decades. Now the Strait Guys are out to prove it is also possible down here on earth.
- Running time
- 99 minutes
- Rick Minnich ... Writer, Director, Additional Camera, Drone Pilot
- Matt Sweetwood ... Editor, Co-Writer
- Sergey Amirdzhanov ... Director of Photography (Russia)
- Lutz Reitemeier ... Director of Photography (USA)
- Lukas Sweetwood ... Composer
- Jonathan Skorupa ... Sound Recordist (USA)
- Sorin Apostel ... Sound Recordist (Russia)
- Gunter Hanfgarn ... Producer
- Rouven Rech ... Co-Producer
- Teresa Renn ... Co-Producer
- Holm Taddiken ... Co-Producer
- Ronald Gruener ... Motion Graphics
- Oliver Stahn ... Sound design and mix
- Kay Dombrowsky ... Colorist
- Prod. Co.
- Hanfgarn + Ufer
- Years of Production
- USA, Russian Federation
- Prod. Partners
- CineImpuls Leipzig, Torero Film
- Release year
- It's All True, Doc Edge, North x North
- Broadcast (Prod.)
- MDR, YLE, Knowledge Network
- English, Russian
- English, German
Browse documentary films on The D-Word