The River of the Kukamas (El Rio de los Kukamas"
Directed by Nika Belianina
A tranquil journey through the water and history of Kukama people in Peru
- Official Website
- Other Links
- Culture, Environment, Minorities, Society, and Nature
Being born from the Spirit of the river, Kukama people have a special connection with the water. The river shrinks and grows throughout the year, affecting the lives of its citizens. Filmed at its widest state at the end of the rain season, we learn the cosmology of this disappearing culture in Peru.
- Running time
- 0 and 7 minutes
- Nika Belianina ... Director, Producer, Editor, Camera, Sound
- Prod. Co.
- Write.Right Films
- Years of Production
- Village of Santo Tomas, Loreto, Peru
- Release year
- Tribeca, Sheffield, Planet in Focus, FINCA, Madrid, Wild & Scenic, Sao Paulo + 40 more
- Best International short (FINCA), Best Cinematography, 2 honorable mentions
- Spanish, Kukama
- English, Spanish
Browse documentary films on The D-Word