Three Kings of Belize
- Official Website
- Music, Anthropology, Culture, Portrait, and Personal Doc
Paul Nabor, fisherman and legendary Garifuna composer, has played the same guitar for 53 years. Florencio Mess, a farmer from a maya village, still makes and plays the traditional musical instruments of his people.Wilfred Peters, Creole accordionist from the city uses his endless energy and humor as an antidote for old age. The everyday life of three musicians and their struggle to preserve their musical heritage in a tiny country named Belize.
- Running time
- 88 minutes
- Katia Paradis ... Katia Paradis
- Prod. Co.
- Amazone Film
- Years of Production
- Belize, Honduras, Italy
- Prod. Partners
- Sodec, Canada Council for the Arts, Quebec Council for the Arts, Canadian Independent Film and Video Fund, Aide au cinÃ©ma indÃ©pendant ONF, Desjardins Fund, Cinergia.
- Release year
- "Official Selection": Traces de vie Rencontre du documentaire (France), Athens International Film Festival (USA), Miradasdoc (Spain), Aljazeera International Documentary Film Festival (Qatar) ;New York World Reel Rhythms Film, etc.
- "Best First Film", regards d'iÃ§i, PanAfrican International FIlm Festival. "Best Film" International Anthropological Film Festival, "Audience Award" Central American FIlm Festival of Vienna, "Audience Award" Belize International Film Festival.
- Yaha Films, Domino Film
- English and Creole
- English, French, Spanish
Browse documentary films on The D-Word