- Official Website
- Contemporary Issues, Environment, Human Interest, Science, and Current Affairs
Thirsty Land is a documentary film that tells the story about extreme drought, agriculture, & the water crisis in the western United States and how these challenges impact farmers, urban communities, and the environment.
The depleted water resources in the American Southwest is one of the most urgent challenges of the 21st century facing agriculture and growing urban communities. The drought on this region has local, national, and global impacts not only for the present, but also for future generations.
1. To inform the audience about the severity of the drought and the impact it’s having on agriculture, communities, and our food supply.
2. To give the audience a better appreciation for farmers, scientists, and companies who work hard to produce our food, and preserve clean drinking water for our world, by highlighting the advances in technology and conservation efforts by all stakeholders.
3. To motivate the audience to conserve water!
- Running time
- 57 minutes
- Conrad Weaver ... Director
- Prod. Co.
- ConjoStudios, LLC
- United States
- Years of Production
- California, Colorado, Nevada, Nebraska, Kansas, Washington
- Prod. Partners
- Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute at the University of Nebraska, UNL Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Release year
- Available on Amazon Prime Video
Browse documentary films on The D-Word