SEEING IS BELIEVING: WOMEN DIRECT
- Official Website
- Other Links
- Culture, Social Issues, Society, Contemporary Issues, and Arts
This award-winning film is an in-depth investigation that exposes and explores the challenges faced by women directors. Lesli Linka Glatter (Homeland, The Bankers Wife), Sarah Gavron (Suffragette, Rocks), Li Lu (There Is a New World Somewhere, A Town Called Victoria) and Naima Ramos Chapman (And Nothing Happened, Random Acts of Flyness). It provides a mix of honest, direct, and optimistic perspectives into what it takes to become a director, and what it takes to ensure more women are given the opportunity to work at the highest levels of the film industry.
Additional insights from Bethany Rooney, Betty Thomas, Lee Grant, John Wells, Kimberly Peirce, Deborah Kampmeier, and many more, along with a historic recap on the power women directors held in the early days of cinema.
- Show treatment
- Running time
- 84, 58 or 28 minutes
- Jenny Hayden ... Distributor
- Prod. Co.
- Devil In The Machine, LLC
- United States
- Years of Production
- Prod. Partners
- Release year
- Artemis Film Festival • SOHO Film Festival • HEARTLAND INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL • ST. LOUIS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL • SEDONA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL • LE FEMME FILM FESTIVAL
- BEST DOCUMENTARY - Artemis Film Festival, AUDIENCE AWARD - SOHO Film Festival, JURY PRIZE - Newport Beach Film Festival, BEST DOCUMENTARY - Burbank, Glendale, Geneva Film Festival's, WINNER AUDIENCE AWARD, NOMINEE BEST DOCUMENTARYi
- Distributor: Jenny Hayden Media Licensing & Marketing. Licensed to PBS (United States), Licensed educational rights to Kanopy.
- Broadcast (Prod.)
- Broadcast (Acq.)
- PBS (United States)
- None so far
Browse documentary films on The D-Word