- Foreign Worlds, History, Lifestyle, Human Rights, and Public Affairs
Civilian rule comes to a military dictatorship. The reality of continuing military control, human rights abuses, absence of critically needed land reform.
- Show treatment
This film tells the story of the difficult transition from 36 years of military rule to a civilian president in Guatemala in 1986. It focuses on the pressing issues of continuing military power, land and human rights issues.
- Running time
- 40 minutes
- Robert Richter ... Producer, Director
- Patricia Goudvis ... P:roducer, Director
- Burleigh Wartes ... Cinematographer
- Felipe Bprrero ... Sound Recordist
- Prod. Co.
- Richter Productions
- United States
- Years of Production
- Guatemala, Mexico
- Release year
- English Spanish
- Emnglish translations voice over Spanish
Browse documentary films on The D-Word