- Contemporary Issues and Social Issues
Sex sells. What sells even more? Insecurity. Multi-billion dollar industries saturate our lives with images of unattainable beauty, exporting body hatred from New York to Beirut to Tokyo. Their target? Women, and increasingly men and children. The Illusionists turns the mirror on media, exposing the absurd, sometimes humorous, and shocking images that seek to enslave us.
- Running time
- 85, 52 or 43 minutes
- Elena Rossini ... Director, Producer, Writer, Editor, Cinematographer, VFX
- Prod. Co.
- Years of Production
- Italy, France, The Netherlands, United States, UK, Lebanon, India & Japan
- Release year
- VHX (now Vimeo OTT) and the Media Education Foundation
- English (main), Italian, French, Japanese
- English, Italian, French, Spanish
Browse documentary films on The D-Word