- Environment and Nature
Plastic River is a documentary focused on the annual commitment of Tiberio, an italian man who goes kayaking in the lakes and rivers of Lombardy, cleaning them from plastic waste.
Our intent is to enhance the beauty of these areas and to stimulate awareness among viewers, showing them the purity and elegance of this natural places in contrast to the degradation caused by pollution and environmental disengagement.
We chose to tell Tiberio's journey in its own semplicity. We tried to explore a huge topic by telling a simple story, intertwining scientific information with the personal path of a man and his experiences. An archaeologist of the ordinary who recovers the sad traces that we, as human beings, are leaving on the entire planet.
- Running time
- 15 minutes
- Manuel Camia ... Director, Producer, Writer
- Martina Daeder ... Director of Photography & Assistant Camera
- Emanuele Agosti ... Camera Operator, Drone Pilot, Colorist
- Giorgio Labagnara ... Composer and Sound Designer
- Prod. Co.
- Years of Production
- Lombardia (Italy)
- Festival International Nature Namur 2019 Winner Prix Pédagogie PRIX DE L'ENVIRONNEMENT ; Spotlight Documentary Film Awards 2019 Winner Platinum Award, Rome Prisma Independent Film Awards; Oniros Film Awards
Browse documentary films on The D-Word