- Human Rights, Current Affairs, Contemporary Issues, Foreign Worlds, and Biography
Maria Luiza da Silva is the first transgender in the history of Brazilian Armed Forces. After 22 years of work as military, she was retired due to disability. The movie investigates the motivations for her prohibition to wear the feminine uniform and her trajectory into affirmation as a transgender, military and Catholic woman.
- Running time
- 80 and 0 minutes
- Marcelo Díaz ... Director, Producer, Writer
- Prod. Co.
- Diazul de Cinema
- Years of Production
- Brasilia, Rio de Janeiro, Ceres, Goiania (Brazil)
- Prod. Partners
- FAC (Art and Culture Fund - Secretary of Culture /Brasilia-DF)
- Release year
- It’s All True (Brazil) ; FIDBA (Buenos Aires Int. Doc FF); TranScreen (Amsterdam Transgender FF); Human Rights Int. FF Colombia; Chéries-Chéris/25e festival du film LGBTQ&+/Paris; Int. Queer FF Playa del Camen/Mexico, 52nd Brasilia FF of Brazilian Cinema
- Comercial release in Brazilian theaters (release estimate March 2020) - looking for international distribution
- English, Spanish, French
Browse documentary films on The D-Word