- Docutainment, Current Affairs, and Social Issues
"Trust Me" is a feature-length documentary, currently in production, that explores the importance of media literacy and efforts being made to promote it.
Through dynamic interviews with experts and compelling human stories, the film examines how information and disinformation are created, shared, and spread throughout societies and how this, combined with confirmation bias and internet algorithms, affects our world.
Presented by the Getting Better Foundation, and directed by Academy Award® nominee, Roko Belic (HAPPY, GENGHIS BLUES).
Who will see it and how will it be distributed?
We expect "Trust Me" will reach a global audience through a variety of exhibition platforms that might include:
Digital platforms like Netflix, Amazon, iTunes
Educational media distributors and platforms such as Films Media Group and Kanopy
TV broadcasts on networks like PBS, CBC, ABC
Film screenings hosted by a wide array of organizations and stakeholders around the world, including public and private edu
- Running time
- 90 minutes
- Rosemary Smith ... Co-Producer
- Prod. Co.
- Wadi Rum Films
- United States
- Years of Production
- United States, India, New Zealand, Scandinavia, Latvia, Estonia
- Prod. Partners
- Getting Better Foundation
- Release year
- Flickers Rhode Island Int. Film Festival; Lonely Seal Int. Film Festival; MINT Film Festival; Ojai Film Festival; Portland Film Festival; Mill Valley Film Festival; Ft. Lauderdale Int. Film Festival; Alexandria Film Festival; Maui Film Festival
- Best Documentary at MINT Film Festival; Best Documentary at Flickers Rhode Island International Film Festival; Joe Cantwell Award for Excellence in Documentary Filmmaking at Alexandria Film Festival
- We are currently seeking distributor & additional funding partners
- English with sub-titles
- German, French, Spanish
Browse documentary films on The D-Word