lluis crous Pro
- Degree in Information Sciences from the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- Second course in History (Anthropology) at the Central University of Barcelona.
- International relations course at the CIDOB centre in Barcelona.
- Languages: Catalan, Spanish, French, Italian (advanced level). English, Portuguese (medium level).
- Began working at the age of fourteen, while still studying.
- Began working in journalism at the age of nineteen.
- Began professional activity in the audiovisuals area at the age of twenty-three.
Contributor for several newspapers (Mundo Diario, Informaciones, La Vanguardia, El Periódico, etc. and magazines (Mundo Joven, Penthouse, L'hora, Vibraciones, etc.); producing all kinds of journalistic genres, especially interviews and reports.
- Scriptwriter on musical programmes for Radio Madrid and Cadena Ser.
- Contributor to magazine shows on Radio 4. National Radio.
- D.J. at FM de Radio Juventud de Barcelona.
- Director, scriptwriter and presenter of the travel series “T'espero lluny d'aquí”, on Radio 4.
- “Ahora”. Musical programme on TVE’s second channel. Scriptwriter.
- “Temps de cançons”. Music programme for the TVE Catalan circuit. Scriptwriter.
- “La plaça de la lluna”. Cultural programme for the TVE Catalan circuit. Director and scriptwriter.
- Scriptwriter/adviser for TVE travel series, “Alatul”.
- Director, producer and scriptwriter of over one hundred “capsules” (short pieces), mainly on subjects such as immigration and multiculturalism, for Barcelona Televisió (BTV), with Manuel Huerga as director.
- Scriptwriter or producer/scriptwriter of documentaries for independent production companies.
- Scriptwriter of documentaries of a social and cultural nature with producer Mercè Vilaret. Among others: "Nicaragua, a ten-year view ", "La Mina, a neighbourhood between frontiers", "Next stop, Europe ", "The submerged island", "Memories of a hostage".etc.)
In the year 1996 he began working as an independent producer of documentaries. To date he has been director, producer and scriptwriter of all his works.
Since the year 2003 he has directed Sensemayá, a documentary production company.
He has directed the documentaries:
- “Por un plato en la mesa” (Putting Food on the Table) (2012)
- “Linchamiento (El crimen colectivo)” (Lynching (A Collective Crime) (2011)
- “Tan lejos y tan cerca, Bagdad” (So near, so far, Baghdad)
- “Una nueva América Latina” (A New Latin América) (2011)
- “Algo se mueve bajo los bananas” (“Something is Stirring Under the Banana Trees) (2009)
- “En un rincón de África” (Somewhere in Africa) (2007)
- “Los ojos del sida” (The Eyes of AIDS) (2007)
- “Saber quién echó fuego ahí” (No Sanctuary: The Spanish Embassy Siege) (2005)
- “Bienvenidos a Intipucá City” (Welcome to Intipucá City) (2004)
- “Donde ponerte flores” (Where to Lay Flowers for You)(2003)
- “Lamento por Nahamán Carmona” (Lament for Nahaman Carmona)(2002)
- “El Salvador, por los suelos” (El Salvador, Shattered) (2001)
- “La calma del huracán” (The Calm of the Hurricane) (2000)
- “Mujeres, indígenas y diputadas” (Indigenous Women as Deputies)(1999)
- “Mudanzas en Bosnia” (Moves in Bosnia) (1998)
- “Siete sueños de paz” (Seven Dreams of Peace) (1995)
- Author of the travel book “El nas sobre el mapa” (Nose on the map). Editorial La Magrana.
Teacher of scriptwriting at the Communication and Journalism faculty of the Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas (San Salvador/El Salvador).