I am currently in post-production on a feature documentary "Middle School 243." Previously I directed and produced two independent feature documentaries that had broad festival runs, were acquired for broadcast (by PBS, Animal Planet) and had extensive international distribution. My first short form documentary “At Arm’s Length” premiered at Sundance Film Festival in 1990. I began my career as a union camera assistant in Hollywood and worked on numerous Feature films, commercials, television series, music videos and documentaries. Then I had a long career in children's media as a director and producer of live action and interactive content for The Jim Henson Company, Scholastic, and LEGO. I have also been a Program Manager for the Clinton Global Initiative, and Urban Green Council.
"Middle School 243"
a modern one-room schoolhouse in the heart of New York City
“Middle School 243” is an intimate, face to face, up-close exploration of a high-performing, public school that requires 10-14 year olds to collaborate in almost all classes — and somehow it actually works. Shot in the years just before the current COVID19 experiment in remote learning, this rare window into the daily life of teachers and tweens is a chaotic and glorious reminder of what school can be.
“The Tiger Next Door”
There are more tigers in private captivity in the US than there are roaming wild in the world. Twenty-four of them live in Dennis Hill’s backyard.
· World Premiere HOT DOCS International Film Festival Toronto, Canada 2009
· “A great documentary” – Bill Maher
· “Beautiful. A seamless narrative that challenges thinking adults.” – Huff Post
· Animal Planet broadcast in all major US markets
· Extensive international distribution in Asia, Canada and Europe
“Prisoners in Paradise”
A one-hour historical documentary about Italian POWs held in USA during WWII.
· Best Documentary — Rhode Island Film Festival, 2001
· PBS broadcasts in all major US markets, International