- Human Rights, Culture, and Personal Doc
War Zone is about sex, power and what happens when men threaten a womanâ€™s right to walk undisturbed on the streets. Hadleigh-West travels the US, interviewing the men that harass her, clarifying the connection between sexual harassment and sexual assault. Celebrity sponsorship included: Susan Sarandon, Marlo Thomas, Janeane Garafolo, Jeanne Tripplehorn and Gregory Hines. Directed original score with composers in New York and LA. Secured all rights. Initiated ongoing publicity and marketing strategies which resulted in media coverage nationally and internationally including: ABC â€˜s 20/20, Eye to Eye with Connie Chung, The Today Show, The Geraldo Rivera Show, BBC, Television New Zealand, Time Magazine, Glamour Magazine, USA Today, London Times, etc. Nominated for 1998 Caligari Prize, Berlin International Film Festival: Forum of New Cinema, Theatrical Release: Film Forum August 1998 NYC/Laemmle Grande 4 Plex & Sunset 5. Aired on the Sundance Channel. Presented by Susan Sarandon.
- Running time
- 76, 50 or 30 minutes
- Maggie Hadleigh-West ... Writer / Director
- Prod. Co.
- Film Fatale, Inc.
- United States
- Years of Production
- 1998 / 2000
- Prod. Partners
- Hank Levine Film, GMbH / Media Education Foundation
- Release year
- Berlin International Film Festival: Forum of New Cimema, San Farancisco International Film Festival, New York International Documnetary Film Festival, and many more.
- 2001 University of Louisville Distinguished Professor Nominee, 2000 Rockefeller Fellow Nominee, 2000 Tiny Tony Award Winner and nominee of the 1998 Caligari Prize at the Berlin Film Festival in Germany.
- Broadcast (Prod.)
- Sundance Channell
Browse documentary films on The D-Word