The curse of the sands
- Official Website
- Human Rights and Contemporary Issues
El Alamein, Egypt. After more than 60 years, land mines left over from the carnage of WWll
continue to collect their victims.
The sands of the northwest coast are home to approximately 17.5 million land mines.
The number of the victims of the land mines in Egypt is estimated to be about 900 disabled
and wounded: innocent men, women and children.
The German, British, Italian Embassies and the Marsa Matrouh Government were unavailable
The Egyptian Ministry of International Cooperation has begun the first phase of a project
under the â€˜United Nations Development Programâ€™ aimed at resolving the problem but the
victims are still afraid to report any accidents to the government for fear of reprisal.
The directors journey emanates from these victimâ€™s shattering stories.
- Cristina Bocchialini ... Director/Editor/Cinematographer
- Ayman El Gazwy ... Director/Editor/Cinematographer
- Andrea Banaudi ... Original Music
- Edizioni Musicali Raitrade ... Music
- Renzo Rovedi ... Sound Engineer
- Barry Michlin ... Translation
- Waem Iskander ... Translation
- Walid Badr ... Translation
- Daniele Moretto ... Archive
- "Desert Victory" International World Museum London ... Archive
- Years of Production
- Release year
- Al Jazeera International Film Festival, Qatar 2010
- Golden Award in the Al Jazeera International Film Festival, Qatar 2010
- Broadcast (Prod.)
- Al Jazeera Documentary / Al Jazeera International
Browse documentary films on The D-Word