- Official Website
- Contemporary Issues, Society, Foreign Worlds, Social Issues, and Human Rights
In a small village in Thailand, Pomm takes care of Europeans with Alzheimer’s. Separated from her children, she helps Elisabeth during the final stages of her life, as a new patient arrives from Switzerland.
MOTHER is a character-driven film that allows us to explore the struggles of motherhood and the frustrations of being unable to care for our loved ones.
It is the powerful connection between patients and caregivers that will challenge our preconceptions. Both Pomm and her patients are trying to recover the pieces of their lives that are gone, but through love and kindness they will learn to care for each other.
- in post-production
- Running time
- 80 and 52 minutes
- Kristof Bilsen ... Director/producer
- Xan Marquez Caneda ... Sound-recordist, co-writer
- Prod. Co.
- Limerick Films
- Years of Production
- Thailand, Switzerland
- Prod. Partners
- Man's Films Productions, Halal Docs
- Release year
- Broadcast (Prod.)
- VRT Canvas, RTBF, EO/IKON-docs
- Broadcast (Acq.)
- RTS Suisse
- Thai, Swiss-German, English
- English, French, Dutch
Browse documentary films on The D-Word