2009 LOS ANGELES FILM CALL FOR ENTRIES
Regular Deadline: January 16, 2009
Short films and music videos: February 6, 2009
Feature-length narrative and documentary films: March 2, 2009
“…One of the best film festivals in the United States.”
--Jason Sanders, Filmmaker Magazine
The Los Angeles Film Festival showcases the best of American and international cinema. Drawing an enthusiastic audience of over 85,000, the Festival provides films with the opportunity to be embraced by the public and discovered by the industry.
More than 100 feature films—narrative and documentary—are featured in the Festival, alongside gala premieres, panels and seminars, short film programs, music video showcases, archival presentations, and more. The Festival is also a qualifying festival for Film Independent’s Spirit Awards and the Narrative and Animated Short Film categories of the Academy Awards.
Films which have premiered and been acquired for theatrical distribution at the Festival include:
• Stephen Walker’s Young @ Heart (Fox Searchlight)
• Amy Berg’s Deliver Us From Evil (Lionsgate Films)
• Tony Stone’s Severed Ways (Magnolia Pictures)
• Stacy Title’s Snoop Dogg’s Hood of Horror (Xenon Pictures)
• Don Argott’s Rock School (Newmarket Films)
• George Hickenlooper’s Mayor of the Sunset Strip (First Look Pictures)
• Charles Herman-Wurmfeld’s Kissing Jessica Stein (Fox Searchlight)
Discounted entry fees are available for early submissions.
For entry forms and submission details, go to www.LAFilmFest.com or www.Withoutabox.com.