I'm working for my cousin and she'd like some questions answered if
possible. We're working on a documentary called Childless by Choice.
We're interviewing couples who have made the choice not to have
children. As neither of us have much practical experience, we need
some help. Thanks in advance.
1. Are d-makers copyrighting their treatments or proposals before
sending them out to funders and prospective partners?
2. Do we need Errors and Omissions insurance for a TV Doc that will
be marketed toward both US and Canadian broadcasters?
3. What percentage of a doc budget is typically allotted for post-
prod and marketing? If a dco budget is $100,000, what percentage is
likely to go towards post production, how much to market it?
4. Should an indy filmmaker put in a lump sum payment for her
services (into the budget), even though typically the filmmaker
doesn't get paid until there is money left over?
5. Do you need a location release in addition to a talent release
when you interview in peoples homes? what about in a hotel?
6.Is there a ay to convert film from PC Adobe Premier to Mac Final
cut pro without losing?
Thanks so much