Video/YouTube Production Volunteer –
Job title: Video/YouTube Production Volunteer
Organization name: MHPA
Location of job (Country): Kenya – Remote
Location of job (City): Kenya – Remote
Last date of receiving volunteer applications: Open
Contact details for receiving applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer job description:
The Maasai Heritage Preservation Foundation (MHPF) mission is to provide education to communities who do not have access to education. The MHPF have recently opened a school in Kenya for poor Maasai children and, plan to produce a series of video/YouTude documentaries about the school to celebrate the vulnerable children, their disappearing culture and also highlight the achievements and challenges ahead. 46 million children in Africa (which is nearly half the school age population), have never set foot in a classroom. Sadly, the smallest expenses are hampering the enrolment numbers at schools. We believe passionately that EVERY child has the right to an education. It is through education that we believe that we will begin to see change in poor countries.
We are a small, open-minded, and dedicated team looking for a few good people to visit the schools independently in the remote villages in Kenya in order to make the videos. If you are passionate about saving children and their education and would like to help us create this responsible free documentary, we want to hear from you.
The MHPF is currently looking for Video Production Volunteers enthusiastic beginners seeking useful experience and seasoned professionals are welcome. You produce videos about our Maasai schools or other messages mainly for TV broadcast or publishing on YouTube . You coordinate your work with our team in Europe and Kenya.
- You design, draft and produce short Business-to-Consumer (B2C) videos for The MHPF
- You coordinate your work with the our Team in Europe and Kenya,
- You have ability to work with animations
- You are willing to do what it takes to produce quality consumer videos, including the technical details (e.g. file conversion)
- Using your own video & sound equipment is a bonus
- Ideally you are a student or have a university degree in film production, graphic design or similar studies or an apprenticeship in these fields
- You understand how to translate a brand into a video format
- You understand the field web/multimedia
- You are totally dedicated to your job and can work 100% self-motivated
- Strong grasp of the English language
- Ideally you are willing or have experience in working remotely for a week or two in harsh climate conditions (remote villages have very minimum necessities such as water, toilets, etc)
- You have strong cross-cultural skills and share our environmental-, social- and cultural-friendly mindset
- Positivity is your way to think (more below)
Location: remote work with Maasai tribes in Kenya
Working times: 5-10h/week
This is a volunteer position. As an early adopter and volunteer team member you will have the chance to help shape the future of an exciting project. We offer an enriching and challenging experience, and the chance to see your responsibilities and desires grow alongside the project.
- You have a positive vibe: you live your life in a positive way and you want to inspire people positively. You are a positive thinker and you like to handle all situations in life with a positive perspective. You understand that in order to improve your own and everybody else's life on this planet one must think positively and inspire other people to think positively.
- You communicate proactively and openly: you understand that positive communication is the key to solving problems. You also know that positive communication is key to raising awareness both inside and outside so that everybody is pulling in the same direction
Interested? Contact us at:
Email: antarworld (at) gmail.com